Registering a free account with Dimensions gives you both the ability to -
- save search queries as favourites for reuse
- export results lists of up to 5000 rows in Excel (.xlsx) or comma-separated values (.csv) format.
- visualise co-author or citation networks through use of the freely available VOSViewer tool with export of a VOSViewer compatible file from Dimensions.
- It also automatically generates an account for you with ReadCube, meaning you can save pdf files in Dimensions directly to your Readcube account, and many other features.
To register for an account, go to app.dimensions.ai and click on the ‘Register’ button in the top right of the page.
- Enter your email address and click ‘Next’ to enter your name and a password; the other fields are optional.
- Click ‘Create Account’. In the next screen, enter the verification code you should have received in your email inbox (if you can’t see it, make sure to check your spam folder, or click on ‘Resend Code’ to have it emailed to you again).
- After clicking ‘Next’, you will be logged in and redirected to app.dimensions.ai.
Your Dimensions account also serves as a free ReadCube account. When logged in, you can add items from Dimensions to your personal ReadCube Library via the ‘Add to library’ button underneath each publication. To find out more about how to use ReadCube, head over to the ReadCube Support Site.
Note: if you already have a ReadCube account, you can use that straight away to log in to Dimensions.