A technical report is a document that describes the process, progress, or results of technical or scientific research or the state of a technical or scientific research problem. It might also include recommendations and conclusions of the research. Unlike other scientific literature (...) technical reports rarely undergo comprehensive independent peer review before publication. (Source: Wikipedia)
Reports in Dimensions may be used to search for and discover this so-called "grey literature", which is research produced by organizations outside of the traditional commercial or academic publishing and distribution channels; common producers are technically oriented government agencies and government-associated laboratories.
Where do the reports in Dimensions come from?
We currently index reports from two sources:
- Crossref (works of the type = "report")
- Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI) (resource type = "Technical Reports")
The following information / fields are available on the details page of a report:
- Basic metadata (Title, Publication date, Publishing organization, Abstract, Keywords)
- IDs: DOI, Report number, DOE contract number, OSTI ID
- Researchers and their affiliations
- Research organization (can include additional organizations)
- Funded by - Shows the Funder(s) of the research
- Research categories
- Full text → Links to the Full text PDF or a page with Full text link
- External sources → Link to the data source
- Note: At this time we don’t have any links to or from other content types.
The following filters / facets are available for reports:
|Groups||My groups, Shared groups, Funder groups, Research organization groups are all available|
|Publication Year||Publication year of the report according to the source|
|Funder||Organization that provided the funding for the research contributing to the research product.|
|Country of Funder||Country of the organization according to GRID|
|Research Organization||Includes all resolved researcher affiliations and additional organizations that performed the research or issued the scientific and technical information that led to the research product|
|Location - Research Organization||Country/Territory, State/Region and City of the research organization according to GRID|
|Research Categories||Supported category systems: BRA, HRA, HRCS HC, HRCS RAC, RCDC, ICRP CT, ICRP CSO, FoR, UoA, SDG|
|Publishing Organization||Name of the publisher that issues the report|
* The "reports" content type is only available to users at subscribing organizations and is not enabled by default. If your organization subscribes to Dimensions and you are interested in learning more about how to get access to this content type, please contact us via the "Send Feedback" form under "Support" on app.dimensions.ai.