What are “My Groups”?
Users of Dimensions Analytics may create custom groups of entities (“My Groups”) from each of the individual filters available on the left-hand side. Some examples include “all universities in the same U.S. state”, the “top 5 competing publishers”, or “EU” vs. “BRICS” countries. (Note that it is not possible to combine entities from different filters into one group.)
Authorized users at a subscribing organization may create these kinds of groupings on behalf of the organization and make them available to all other Analytics users within the same organization.
How can this be enabled for my organization?
To enable this feature, simply create a support ticket or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the name and email address of the person who should be assigned the “Organization Group Admin” role.
How does it work?
Once enabled, the Organization Group Admin just needs to log in to Dimensions using their organizational user account and create a custom My Group; then follow the steps outlined below:
Sharing a group within an organization
- Go to Groups > My Groups at the top of the filter panel on the left-hand side and click on the “Browse” link to the right of the filter title.
- On the next screen, you will see an overview of all your custom My Groups. To share a group with everyone in your organization, click on the drop-down in the “Sharing level” column on the right and select “Organization”.
- In the “Warning” pop-up, tick the check-box to confirm this change, then click the “Apply change” button.
- To confirm that the change has been applied, click on the “Organization” tab and check that your shared group is now listed there. It will also have been added to the overview under “Shared Groups”.
- The group is now available in the filter panel under Groups > Shared Groups.
Editing, deleting or changing the sharing level of a shared group
Once shared, only Organization Group Admins can edit a shared group.
- To edit or delete a group that has been shared with the organization, go to Groups > My Groups at the top of the filter panel on the left-hand side and click on the “Browse” link to the right of the filter title.
- On the next screen, select the “Organization” tab to get the list of shared groups. Select the group you’d like to edit or delete and choose from the options available, such as:
- “Edit name” → change the name of the shared group
- “Delete” → delete the shared group
- “Sharing level” → change the sharing settings back to “Private”
- “Remove” (when hovering over an item in the group) → remove this item from the group (Note: You can add new items to a group in the same way as for regular My Groups.)
- Confirm each change in the “Warning” pop-up and apply it by clicking “Apply change”.